Quickly find and print your National Insurance number using the HMRC App.
What you can do with the HMRC app
- your tax code
- your National Insurance number
- an estimate of the tax you need to pay
- your income and benefits
- how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for Self Assessment
- report tax credits changes and complete your renewal
- access your Help to Save account
- use our tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
- track forms and letters you have sent to us
- claim a refund if you have paid too much tax
- update your postal address
Download the free HMRC app:
Enter your Government Gateway user ID and password to sign into your account for the first time only. If you do not have sign in details you can create them on the same sign-in page.
It is simpler to use the app as you can use:
- a 6-digit PIN
- your fingerprint
- facial recognition
Help and support
If you have a problem with your account that you can’t solve using our online resources, there is other help available.